Monday, January 21, 2019

3D Art - Week 17

Hard Surface Modeling (cont.)

This week I focused on adding some of the missing parts of the knife, such as the small loop on the blade; redoing the negative ridges across the top for the handle and adding the six holes, along with redoing the screws and negative circles. I had several dilemmas trying to export fbx pieces for the booleans that were already created, so I wound up redoing a large part of the Booleans in Zbrush for merging the knife.







Next, I started the retopology for the pieces, using what I already had after "Converting to Mesh Polys" and reducing the polys. Then UV'ing them to be baked.

































































Sculpted in Zbrush to add some aging and separated portions by polypainting groups.

Then exported in the mesh with Texture layers to separate the parts and age the knife.




I exported the textures into Unreal and brought in the mesh. Then created a material for the infinity wall and brought those textures into Unreal.












No comments:

Post a Comment