Sunday, October 7, 2018

3D Art - Week 7

Bake Maps and Digital Painting

First, I added more polys in Maya and exported out separate obj's for Zbrush. Then, imported as polygroups in Zbrush and increased resolution. This is the new cannon BPR model:





























The next step was to bring it into Substance Painter and bake the model. Then, started with the "IronPure" material.






























I was going for a rusted cannon look, so I then brushed different tones of orange color in layers, and increased "Rust" slider, along with the "height".























I added an "Organic Spread" particle, and brushed it on with different shades of green in layers to create a moss growth.



Since I was going for an underwater cannon, I exported a Targa file from the Rendered cannon and then changed the background in Photoshop. I added shadows, then a Color Overlay over the cannon and altered effects on the cannon layer.


















No comments:

Post a Comment